Leighton Meester Wants to Branch into Singing

Though primarily known as Blair Waldorf on the CW's Gossip Girl, Meester is hoping to become recognized as a singer – having been a part of Cobra Starship's hit song "Good Girls Go Bad." Furthermore, the thought of performing live doesn't frighten her.

"I get more excited than nervous, and I feel like that's the best kind of energy to have," the TV actress, 23, told PEOPLE Saturday before a 15-minute gig at Venetian's Tao Las Vegas. The performance, she says, is "cute, sexy … I'm just having the time of my life, and I hope it continues."

While musically she's worked with Lil Wayne, Robin Thicke and Adam Lambert, and she has an album due out in March, Meester says the best advice she's received has been from a musical mentor.

"Recently I've spent a lot of time Cyndi Lauper, and she's a legend," says Meester. "She gave me the advice: Never sell your publishing, so I'll take that."

And since performing live doesn't frighten her, what does give Meester pause? Her brother's driving.

"He's 16, so I get worried," she said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment